After a wonderful week off for the holidays, we’re glad to be back for another week of Our Travel Inspiration. Please follow along with us each Monday for our carefully-curated selection of current Asia and travel-related news stories.
Share-worthy pieces on Asia this week:
- We generally applaud Myanmar opening its boarders to travelers and the international community—but how are those changes impacting the country’s tribal people?
- Too busy for a jaunt to Mumbai? This fun video immerses you in the sights and sounds of this bustling, youthful city
- Bhutan continues to juggle the concept of “gross national happiness” and democracy—but where does that leave the environment?
Travel tidbits that caught our fancy:
- What’s the best way to board a plane? There’s a lot more to that question than meets the eye…
- It’s that time of the year again—check out the best travel photos of 2013 from Travel + Leisure
- In a world that sometimes feels too well-trod, National Geographic never fails to inspire the adventurer in us all—here’s their take on the best of 2013
We’d love to hear your feedback—please comment below. And please come back next Monday for more of Our Travel Inspiration!