Our Travel Inspiration, Dec. 16
We’re glad you’re back to join us for another week of Our Travel Inspiration. Please follow along with us each Monday for our carefully-curated selection of current Asia and travel-related news stories.
Share-worthy pieces on Asia this week:
- A brash city of contrasts, Mumbai is one of those places where a insider’s perspective can make or break the experience—luckily Nat Geo Traveler places that knowledge at our fingertips!
- Love the concept of going “temple-hopping” in Bagan. Who’s ready to plan their trip to Burma?
- Live your childhood Swiss Family Robinson dream in a Balinese bamboo treehouse (must see to believe)
- The term “eco-friendly” tends to be applied to jungle lodges not sky-scrapers—but this Jakarta high-rise is bucking that trend
- Colombo, Sri Lanka, is the newest star of NYT’s 36-hours series—and it just rose to the top of our must-go list!
Travel tidbits that caught our fancy:
- Have you seen this inspiring holiday-season video from Canadian carrier WestJet? If only all airline customer service was this good…
- R.I.P. Peter O’Toole who got a whole generation dreaming of travel to Arabia. What travel movies have inspired your journeys?
- Have you ever traded your point-and-shoot for a pencil and paper? You may be on board after reading how drawing can force you to see a landscape with new eyes and connect you with centuries of great artists that did the same…
We’d love to hear your feedback—please comment below. And please come back next Monday for more of Our Travel Inspiration!