We’re glad you’re back to join us for another week of Our Travel Inspiration. Please follow along with us each Monday for our carefully-curated selection of current Asia and travel-related news stories.
Share-worthy pieces on Asia this week:
- This Macanese shipyard worker turned tragedy into triumph with the help of kung fu and a lot of tenacity
- Farming reaches new hights in China as rooftop gardening takes root
- Did you know a young and unknown George Orwell once wandered the streets of Myanmar?
- An inspiring tale of a Chinese journalist that demands to be heard
- A visit to the airplane bathroom doesn’t sound like such a miserable experience after reading this
- Eating intensely flavorful vegetarian food in India made this traveler go veggie for good—no matter your feelings on meat this spicy potato dish will have you going back for seconds (recipe)!
Travel tidbits that caught our fancy:
- Do you know which airport is the world’s busiest? Check out this fascinating behind-the-scenes look at how a bustling airport operates
- Speaking of airports—what do you think of the plans to replace Heathrow? Inspired or just downright weird?
- Wish you could reserve an airplane seat while you fanagle time off from your boss? Now you can!
We’d love to hear your feedback—please comment below. And please come back next Monday for more of Our Travel Inspiration!