Our Travel Inspiration, Nov. 18
We’re glad you’re back to join us for another week of Our Travel Inspiration. Please follow along with us each Monday for our carefully-curated selection of current Asia and travel-related news stories.
Share-worthy pieces on Asia this week:
- Love Indian food? How about Sri Lankan? Check out this who’s who of the Colombo restaurant scene for some gastronomic travel inspiration
- Colombo’s not the only city with great food—Tokyo is a perennial international culinary hot-spot
- Best ad we’ve seen in a while—Google India lures customers with a heart wrenching tale involving the partition of India and Pakistan
- With winter weather setting in, we’re dreaming of Auckland, New Zealand where summer’s just starting…
- For your inner-anthropologist: Read about Tana Toraja, Indonesia’s fascinating, unorthodox treatment of death
Travel tidbits that caught our fancy:
- Edutainment on board? What do you think of the new Virgin America safety video?
- Every picture tells a story—or should! Do your travel shots make the cut?
- What percentage of the world’s countries have you visited? Well that depends on how many countries there are in the world—and that’s not an easy answer…
- You don’t have to go high-end to get a taste of the exotic—here’s what McDonald’s serves abroad
We’d love to hear your feedback—please comment below. And please come back next Monday for more of Our Travel Inspiration!