We’re glad you’re back to join us for another week of Our Travel Inspiration. Please follow along with us each Monday for our carefully-curated selection of current Asia and travel-related news stories.
Share-worthy pieces on Asia this week:
- Our hearts go out to those affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Phillipines—here’s how you can help
- Dreaming of Japan? You will be after reading a few of these books set in Tokyo
- “A picture is worth a thousand words”—never more true than in colorful, chaotic Varanasi, India
- This short video of the temples of Angkor, Cambodia will have you adding them to your must-see list
- Ever considered traveling to the ‘Stans? Here’s an alluring overview of what these off-the-beaten-track countries have to offer the traveler.
- Do you travel with local guides? We find the insider perspective an integral part of travel—and we’re not alone
Travel tidbits that caught our fancy:
- iPhone vs. eye-contact: is technology your friend or foe while travelling?
- Always a few points shy of a ticket? Here are some helpful tips for accumulating frequent-flier miles if you’re not all that frequent of a flier
- Snapshots? Journals? Souvenirs? How do you remember your journey?
- If you spring for souvenirs, check out this colorful gallery of travel memorabilia (and send a photo of your favorite souvenir to be featured)
We’d love to hear your feedback—please comment below. And please come back next Monday for more of Our Travel Inspiration!