Our Travel Inspiration, Nov. 4
We’re glad you’re back to join us for another week of Our Travel Inspiration. Please follow along with us each Monday for our carefully-curated selection of current Asia and travel-related news stories.Photo by Sudipto Das
Share-worthy pieces on Asia this week:
- Happy Diwali! Learn all about this colorful Indian festival
- A jewelry firm is breaking the taboo on remarriage in India—watch their revolutionary (and very sweet) TV ad
- In rural China, marriage is often not as enticing as becoming a mistress to a wealthy official—but at what cost?
- As winter’s chill sets in, it’s the perfect time to luxuriate in Sydney, Australia’s summertime sunshine
- National Geographic offers stellar photographic insight into the soul of North Korea
- Anthony Bourdain visited Tokyo in last night’s Parts Unknown episode. Inspired to follow in his footsteps?
Travel tidbits that caught our fancy:
- What’s the deal with jet lag? This informative infographic demystifies the dreaded byproduct of travel
- One way to help jet lag: get upgraded to business class! Learn insider tricks to snagging a better seat
- Are you a guide-book gal or gent? Or do you prefer to glean your travel tips from the Net?
- Sick of boring your friends with your travel sideshows? Take gripping photos with these helpful photo tips
We’d love to hear your feedback—please comment below. And please come back next Monday for more of Our Travel Inspiration!