Asia Transpacific Journeys Explores Sacred Himalayan Kingdoms and Wildlife in India and Sri Lanka
Asia Transpacific Journeys has introduced three new Asia tour packages, offering exotic winter getaways. These new packages offer travelers unprecedented access to sacred sites and centuries-old rituals, face-to-face meetings with formerly endangered wildlife and Asia’s secret island hotspot.
India: A Jungle Book Journey
India is famous for its dazzling cultural treasures. What is less well-known of the subcontinent is that it is home to some of Asia’s greatest wildlife. This extraordinary, 17-day journey departs December 3, 2011 and March 3, 2012. It features naturalist-guided travel by foot, elephant back and 4WD to three of India’s most important preserves; havens for the once nearly extinct, magnificent Bengal tiger as well as species as varied as one-horned Indian rhino, clouded leopard, wild Indian elephant, jackal, fox, bison and myriad bird species. Additional features of India travel itinerary include:
- Gorgeous eco-lodges and upscale hotels
- Excellent chance of a wild tiger sighting
- Elephant-back rhino safari
- Access to remote areas of national parks
- Special meetings and discussions with conservationists
- Rickshaw ride through Old Delhi
- Magnificent fortresses, mosques and UNESCO sites
- Witness cultural performance within temple grounds
Sri Lanka: A Journey with the World Wildlife Fund
In its new adventure to Sri Lanka, Asia Transpacific Journeys teams up with the World Wildlife Fund to offer a wildlife tour to Sri Lanka, a seldom-explored spot that is considered one of South Asia’s best-kept wildlife secrets.
Few destinations as geographically small as this island nation offer so many cultural treasures and such great wildlife biodiversity. Sri Lanka is considered a “super hotspot” for endemism and contains many unique plants, birds, reptiles and mammals. In fact, new species are still being discovered here. With a focus on the central and southern highlands, this March 2012 journey takes you to several national parks, and onto the calm seas off the southern coast.
This 14-day itinerary with departures beginning March 10, 2012 features the following components for a well-crafted wildlife tour of Sri Lanka:
- Explorations of four national parks, including an in-depth visit to Yala National Park to search for the elusive leopard.
- Several opportunities to see wild elephants.
- Whale-watching expeditions to look for blue and sperm whales, which congregate in high concentrations along the Sri Lankan coast at this time of year.
- Visits to important cultural spots, including the Rock Fortress at Sigiriya and the ancient city of Polonnaruwa.
The mountain kingdoms of Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan, thousands of feet above sea-level, hidden amidst the world’s highest peaks, stand literally and figuratively above the rest. A trip highlighting three UNESCO world heritage sites is ideal for those seeking adventure and spiritual perspective.
Departures for this 20-day excursion begin April 5, 2012 and travelers will enjoy an itinerary that includes:
- Tour leadership by an expert on Asian culture.
- Meet monks in remote monasteries.
- Sacred lake amid spectacular Himalayan vistas.
- Drive along the Friendship Highway, border crossing from Tibet to Nepal.
- Witness Hindu ablution ceremony at sacred river.
- Medieval towns housing preserved temples.
- Visit fertility temple where hopeful couples make offerings.
Learn more about once-in-a-lifetime trip to Asia by speaking with an Asia travel specialist today at 800-642-2742.