Asia Transpacific Journeys has introduced three new Asia tour packages, offering exotic winter getaways. These new packages offer travelers unprecedented access to sacred sites and centuries-old rituals, face-to-face meetings with formerly endangered wildlife and Asia’s secret island hotspot.
India: A Jungle Book Journey
India is famous for its dazzling cultural treasures. What is less well-known of the subcontinent is that it is home to some of Asia’s greatest wildlife. This extraordinary, 17-day journey departs December 3, 2011 and March 3, 2012. It features naturalist-guided travel by foot, elephant back and 4WD to three of India’s most important preserves; havens for the once nearly extinct, magnificent Bengal tiger as well as species as varied as one-horned Indian rhino, clouded leopard, wild Indian elephant, jackal, fox, bison and myriad bird species. Additional features of India travel itinerary include:
- Gorgeous eco-lodges and upscale hotels
- Excellent chance of a wild tiger sighting
- Elephant-back rhino safari
- Access to remote areas of national parks
- Special meetings and discussions with conservationists
- Rickshaw ride through Old Delhi
- Magnificent fortresses, mosques and UNESCO sites
- Witness cultural performance within temple grounds
Sri Lanka: A Journey with the World Wildlife Fund
In its new adventure to Sri Lanka, Asia Transpacific Journeys teams up with the World Wildlife Fund to offer a wildlife tour to Sri Lanka, a seldom-explored spot that is considered one of South Asia’s best-kept wildlife secrets.
Few destinations as geographically small as this island nation offer so many cultural treasures and such great wildlife biodiversity. Sri Lanka is considered a “super hotspot” for endemism and contains many unique plants, birds, reptiles and mammals. In fact, new species are still being discovered here. With a focus on the central and southern highlands, this March 2012 journey takes you to several national parks, and onto the calm seas off the southern coast.
This 14-day itinerary with departures beginning March 10, 2012 features the following components for a well-crafted wildlife tour of Sri Lanka:
- Explorations of four national parks, including an in-depth visit to Yala National Park to search for the elusive leopard.
- Several opportunities to see wild elephants.
- Whale-watching expeditions to look for blue and sperm whales, which congregate in high concentrations along the Sri Lankan coast at this time of year.
- Visits to important cultural spots, including the Rock Fortress at Sigiriya and the ancient city of Polonnaruwa.
The mountain kingdoms of Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan, thousands of feet above sea-level, hidden amidst the world’s highest peaks, stand literally and figuratively above the rest. A trip highlighting three UNESCO world heritage sites is ideal for those seeking adventure and spiritual perspective.
Departures for this 20-day excursion begin April 5, 2012 and travelers will enjoy an itinerary that includes:
- Tour leadership by an expert on Asian culture.
- Meet monks in remote monasteries.
- Sacred lake amid spectacular Himalayan vistas.
- Drive along the Friendship Highway, border crossing from Tibet to Nepal.
- Witness Hindu ablution ceremony at sacred river.
- Medieval towns housing preserved temples.
- Visit fertility temple where hopeful couples make offerings.
Learn more about once-in-a-lifetime trip to Asia by speaking with an Asia travel specialist today at 800-642-2742.