Here are a few of our favorite things to do in while traveling in Thailand and Cambodia.
10. Thailand: Interact with the locals in hill-tribe villages of the Yao, Akha, Chinese Haw, Lahu and Lisu.
9. Cambodia: Be one of the first to cross the newly opened border into southern Laos by boat and explore the pristine Ramsar wetlands.
8. Thailand: Learn to ride an elephant in Northern Thailand.
7. Cambodia: Travel by by boat from Phnom Penh to the Mekong Delta.
6. Thailand: Kayak through the caves of Phangnga Bay.
5. Cambodia: Enjoy cocktails at the studio of famous photographer John McDermott.
4. Thailand: Go on an exciting food tour of Bangkok.
3. Cambodia: Trek through the Virachey National Park.
2. Thailand: Stay in an exclusive luxury tented camp on the Thai-Burmese border.
1. Explore the Angkor complex by bicycle.
For more ideas for travel to Thailand and Cambodia, check out our website or call one of our travel specialists at 800-642-2742.
Our clients crossed time zones, date lines, and oceans to experience the farthest reaches of Asia—where many found a fabulous photo opportunity around every corner. We asked our travelers to submit photos of their travels to Asia.
We started with 216 beautiful entries and our staff narrowed it down to 50 semi-finalists. Then Asia Transpacific Journeys Founder & President, Marilyn Downing Staff, selected the first, second and third place winners of our 2nd Annual Client Photo Contest.
Following are the winning entries and Marilyn’s commentary on the photos.
1st place, Train Station Vendor, India © Dimitra Stasinopoulou
“Captures the optimism of this young train station vendor and the magical light of India. A lovely environmental portrait.”
2nd place, Rice Planting near Hue, Vietnam © Joseph Lambert
“Beautiful composition. The millennia-old rhythm of women planting rice–the essence of life in Asia.”
3rd place, Angkor Wat, Cambodia © Gene Hollander
“Interesting, edgy and a foray into using technology as a portal into another way to see our world.”
This year we also presented a People’s Choice Award, and held the voting on our Asia Transpacific Journeys Facebook page. Our fans and travelers cast their votes, selecting Bob Fink’s photo of two girls in Laos as the People’s Choice winner.
Congratulations to our winners and thank you to all who participated. These photos truly define a Journey Beyond the Ordinary™.